Arizona Lottery - Bingo/Crossword Second Chance Promotion
This promotion and/or any parts thereof, including the award of any prizes, is void where prohibited by laws outside the state of Arizona.
The Arizona Lottery (the “Lottery”) is conducting an online Second Chance Promotion (the "Promotion") for Bingo and Crossword instant scratch games. The Promotion period begins on or about July 2, 2018, and shall continue until ended by the Arizona Lottery. Any changes to the Promotion period will be posted on the Website and Mobile App.
How to Enter the Promotion
- A player may enter the Promotion by: 1) accessing the website at ArizonaLottery.com and clicking on the Second Chance section; 2) going directly to the Second Chance website located at AZPlayersClub.com (the "Website"); or 3) using the Arizona Lottery Players Club mobile app (the “Mobile App”).
- A player must complete the required registration information and check the designated box to certify that the player is: 1) logging in from within the boundaries of the state of Arizona; 2) is twenty-one (21) years of age or older; 3) has voluntarily waived confidentiality rights under A.R.S. § 5-573(D); and 4) has read the Official Rules of the Promotion.
- To enter the Promotion, a player must have purchased at least one (1) designated Arizona Lottery Bingo or Crossword instant scratch game ticket (each a "Game Ticket").
A complete list of eligible games, including new games as they are introduced, will be posted on the Arizona Lottery website as they become available. Eligible games, on-sale dates and drawing dates are subject to change. The list of eligible games can be found here.
- A player must submit the required entry information from an eligible non-winning Game Ticket consisting of either the 13-digit game-pack-ticket number located on the back of the Game Ticket plus the 3-digit PIN appearing under the scratch off coating on the front of each Game Ticket, or by scanning the barcode located under the scratch-off coating on the front of the Game Ticket using the Mobile App.
- A player is not required to retain a Game Ticket once it has been successfully entered via the Website or Mobile App; the Website will show a successful entry.
- Players may enter each drawing (“Drawing”) multiple times but must have a separate Game Ticket for each entry. A Game Ticket may be entered only one (1) time.
- A player is eligible to win only one (1) prize per Drawing.
- Players will receive from two (2) to seventy-five (75) entries for each Game Ticket entry code submitted depending on the price point of the Game Ticket. The number of entries each Game Ticket will receive varies, based on a predetermined random distribution. The following table shows the range of entries a player could receive for a Game Ticket:
- During the Promotion period, the Lottery may add special features to the Promotion allowing a player to receive additional entries for Game Tickets entered into the Promotion. Such special features may include, but are not limited to, double entries on a specific day, specific Game Ticket combinations for “super entries,” or any other special requirements designed to increase sales or awareness of the Games.
- Players may enter up to a total of twenty (20) eligible Game Tickets per day. For purposes of this promotion, a day is defined as that period of time which starts at 12:00:00 a.m. Arizona Time and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Arizona Time.
- An entry received during a specified entry period is only eligible for the corresponding drawing. Entries not received by the specified entry deadline date for a drawing shall be automatically entered into the next scheduled drawing for this Promotion. Entries received after the drawing entry deadline for the final drawing shall be deemed ineligible for this Promotion.
- Entries may only be submitted using the Website or Mobile App. Mail-in entries, hand-delivered entries, or entries dropped off at the Arizona Lottery offices will not be accepted.
- If a dispute arises over the eligible entrant, the named player of the email account associated with the entry registration will be the official entrant.
- Drawings will be held approximately monthly starting in August 2018. Drawing dates and entry deadlines will be posted on the Website and Mobile App as they become available. The list of drawing dates and entry deadlines can be found here.
- One (1) winner (the “Prizewinner”) and three (3) alternates will be selected for each prize awarded in a drawing. Alternates shall be drawn and assigned a rank order position of 1, 2, or 3. If a selected winning entry is determined to be invalid, and thus disqualified, the next available alternate will become eligible to assume the prize. In the event the Prizewinner and initial alternates are disqualified, additional alternates will be selected from the same pool of entrants used for the drawing.
- Prizewinners shall be notified via email and/or phone within seven (7) calendar days after the Drawings.
- The Drawing dates and location are subject to change at the discretion of the Lottery.
- The drawings will be conducted by Pollard Banknote Limited at their offices at 1499 Buffalo Place, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. The drawing location may change at the discretion of the Lottery.
- Prizes for this Promotion may include items such as cash, sports game tickets, concert or event tickets, Lottery tickets, gift cards or other promotional items which may be provided by the Lottery, advertising co-sponsors, or Lottery retailers. Prizes that can be won during this Promotion will be posted on the Website and Mobile App as they become available. Click here to see the current prizes offered for this Promotion.
Entry Eligibility Requirements
- All drawing entries are subject to validation by the Lottery or its designee and may be disqualified if eligibility requirements are not met.
- A player must be located within the borders of the state of Arizona when entering the Promotion.
- A player must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older to purchase a Game Ticket and enter the Promotion.
- Tickets determined to be in a stolen/missing inventory status or not part of any inventory status that is valid, sold, activated, or promotional will be disqualified.
- The Website and Mobile App are the only methods of entry into this Promotion. Entries sent via any other method, U.S. mail/courier, drop-off, etc., will not be opened and/or reviewed and will be disqualified.
- Under Arizona Revised Statutes (“A.R.S.”) § 5-573, the social security number of every winner of a prize valued at $600 or more will be checked to determine if that winner owes money to certain Arizona state entities. If any winner owes money to the State of Arizona, that winner will be disqualified from winning, unless the winner undertakes to pay all listed outstanding debts to the State in within seven (7) days of winning the prize. In such case, the winner will be eligible to receive the prize.
- A "Related Person" is ineligible to receive prizes under A.R.S. § 5-567. A Related Person is defined as an officer or employee of the Arizona Lottery; an officer or employee of any person contracting with the Arizona Lottery to supply gaming equipment or lottery tickets, advertising or consulting services or to draw or otherwise select winning tickets or shares if the officer or employee is involved in the direct provision of goods and services to the Arizona Lottery or has access to information made confidential by the Arizona Lottery; and any spouse, child, sibling, or parent residing as a member of the same household in the principal place of residence of a person described above.
Use of Personal Information
- A player is required to be twenty-one (21) of age or older to provide information that will be collected on the Website.
- By submitting a drawing entry on the Website or via the Mobile App, a player gives the Arizona Lottery permission to announce and publish the player's name, city and state for marketing/promotional purposes if the player wins a prize. Because a second chance drawing is exclusively used as a promotional event, a person who participates in a second chance drawing is deemed to have voluntarily waived the right under A.R.S. § 5-573(D) to keep his or her name confidential for ninety (90) days after winning a prize. A player who does not want to consent to immediate release of his or her name as a winner should not participate in this promotion will be ineligible to receive a prize in a second chance drawing and will be disqualified if chosen as a winner, resulting in selection of an alternate winner.
- Prizes are not transferable.
- Prizewinners must provide their correct name and address. For prizes of $600 or more, Prizewinners must complete a Winner Claim Form and provide a form of government-issued photo identification and pass all validation checks prior to claiming their prize.
- Prizewinners must claim their prize within seven (7) calendar days from the prize winner notification date by the Arizona Lottery. If all reasonable efforts to locate a Prizewinner fail within the seven (7) calendar-day period, the Arizona Lottery may select a replacement winner from the drawing alternates.
- Prizewinners of prizes valued at $600 or more must provide the correct name, address, and taxpayer ID number to the Arizona Lottery. The Arizona Lottery will report such wins to the applicable tax authorities. Each Prizewinner is responsible for his or her state, federal, and/or local taxes.
- The Prizewinner’s name and town of residence will be posted on the Website following the validation of the Prizewinner.
- Approximately one hundred eighty (180) days after the completion of the Promotion, all non-winning, non-selected and/or ineligible entries shall be deleted.
- The Arizona Lottery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion. The Arizona Lottery reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone, delay, suspend, and/or terminate this Promotion, in whole or in part, in the event that the Promotion is not capable of running as planned or as intended by these Official Rules, by reason of any technical or other disabling causes, or other causes that impair, corrupt, or interrupt the administration, fairness, security, integrity, or proper play of the Promotion, including, without limitation, hurricane, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, war, terrorist threat, or activity or insurrection. In such event, the Arizona Lottery may, in its sole discretion: (a) postpone and/or reschedule and/or modify the Promotion, or (b) cancel the Promotion in its entirety. In the event of cancellation, the Arizona Lottery shall award the prizes through a process deemed fair and equitable by the Arizona Lottery, in its sole discretion, and the Arizona Lottery and its administrators shall have no further liability to any participant in connection with the Promotion. In no event will the Arizona Lottery be obligated to award more prizes than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules.
- Whether caused by a player, equipment, or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries, the Arizona Lottery, Pollard Banknote Limited, and Scientific Games are not responsible for inaccurate entry information or errors that may occur in the processing of the Promotion that may be the result of: (a) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or (b) lost, misdirected, late, incomplete, corrupted, illegible, or unintelligible entries. Corrupted, illegible, unintelligible, or incomplete entries are void.
- The Arizona Lottery reserves the right to substitute prizes with similar merchandise of equal or greater value. No prize substitution, cash equivalent, or transfer of prize by a winner in violation of these Official Rules is permitted. By accepting a prize, a player agrees to release the Arizona Lottery, Pollard Banknote Limited, and Scientific Games from, and shall hold them harmless against, any liability, loss, claims, injury, or damage to property or to person, including death, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes or participation in this Promotion, even if caused or contributed to by the negligence of the Arizona Lottery and Pollard Banknote Limited, and Scientific Games.
- This Promotion is governed by laws and regulations of the State of Arizona, and all players hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the State of Arizona for resolution of all claims and disputes through administrative hearing, and any right to a trial by jury is hereby waived. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded are governed by Arizona Administrative Code ("A.A.C.") § R19-3-1008. The decision of the Arizona Lottery is final. Any decision by the Arizona Lottery Director is a final, appealable agency action to the Office of Administrative Hearings under the procedures of A.A.C. § R2-19-101 through § R2-19-122. Exhaustion of administrative remedies applies.
- Players or interested parties must use the Feedback form for any questions or comments you may have about this Second Chance Promotion.
- All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.