Wheel of Fortune® Rules
Arizona Lottery – Wheel of Fortune® Second Chance Promotion
This promotion and/or any parts thereof, including the award of any prizes, is void where prohibited by laws outside the state of Arizona.
The Arizona Lottery (the “Lottery”) is conducting an online Second Chance Promotion (the "Promotion"). The Promotion period begins on or about May 7, 2019, and ends according to the drawing schedule shown on the Website.
How to Enter the Promotion
- A player may enter the Promotion by: 1) accessing the website at ArizonaLottery.com and clicking on the Players Club section; 2) going directly to the Players Club website located at azplayersclub.com (the "Website"); or 3) using the Arizona Lottery Players Club mobile app (the “Mobile App”).
- A player must complete the required registration information and check the designated box to certify that the player is: 1) logging in from within the boundaries of the state of Arizona; 2) is twenty-one (21) years of age or older; 3) has voluntarily waived confidentiality rights under A.R.S. § 5-573(D); and 4) has read the Official Rules of the Promotion.
- To enter the Promotion, a player must have purchased at least one (1) Arizona Lottery Wheel of Fortune® (game #1220) instant scratch game ticket (the "Game Ticket").
- Sale dates and draw dates are subject to change. Any changes will be posted on the Website and Mobile App as they become available.
- A player must submit the required entry information from an eligible non-winning Game Ticket consisting of either the 13-digit game-pack-ticket number located on the back of the Game Ticket plus the 6-character entry code appearing under the scratch off coating on the front of each Game Ticket, or by scanning the barcode located under the scratch-off coating on the front of the Game Ticket using the Mobile App.
- A player is not required to retain a Game Ticket once it has been successfully entered via the Website or Mobile App; the Website will show a successful entry.
- Players may enter each drawing (“Drawing”) multiple times but must have a separate Game Ticket for each entry. A Game Ticket may be entered only one (1) time and players will receive one (1) entry per each Game Ticket submitted.
- During the Promotion period, the Lottery may add special features to the Promotion allowing a player to receive additional entries for Game Tickets entered into the Promotion. Such special features may include, but are not limited to, double entries on a specific day, specific Game Ticket combinations for “super entries,” or any other special requirements designed to increase sales or awareness of the Games.
- Players may enter up to a total of twenty (20) eligible Game Tickets per day. For purposes of this Promotion, a day is defined as that period of time which starts at 12:00:00 a.m. Arizona Time and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Arizona Time.
- An entry received during a specified entry period is only eligible for the corresponding drawing with the following exceptions. 1) Should the Game run out of inventory and no longer be available to retailers more than forty-five (45) days prior to a scheduled drawing, neither the entry period nor the scheduled drawing date shall be changed; however, a final drawing which includes all remaining prizes shall be determined, and all eligible entries received from the beginning of this Promotion until two (2) days prior to the scheduled final drawing will be included in the final drawing. 2) In the event the Game ends before all scheduled drawings occur, all remaining prizes will be awarded in the drawing which immediately follows the end-of-game date.
- Entries for this Promotion not received by the specified entry deadline date for a drawing shall be automatically entered into the next scheduled drawing for this Promotion. Entries cannot be submitted after the entry deadline for the final drawing.
- Entries may only be submitted using the Website or Mobile App. Mail-in entries, hand-delivered entries, or entries dropped off at the Arizona Lottery offices will not be accepted.
- If a dispute arises over the eligible entrant, the named player of the email account associated with the entry registration will be the official entrant.
- A total of four (4) drawings are planned. Drawing dates and the number of drawings are subject to change at the discretion of the Arizona Lottery. Drawing dates and entry deadlines will be posted on the Website as they become available.
- The number of prize winners (“Prizewinner”) and alternate entries to be selected in each Drawing will be as follows:
- Three (3) alternates will be selected for each prize awarded in a Drawing.
- Each Prizewinner and alternate will be assigned a rank, in draw order sequence, beginning with 1 and continuing until the final alternate has been selected. If a Prizewinner’s entry is determined to be invalid, and thus disqualified, the next available alternate will become eligible to assume the disqualified winner’s prize. In the event all Prizewinners and initial alternates are disqualified, additional alternates will be selected from the same pool of entrants used for the Drawing until all prizes have been awarded.
- Prizewinners’ names shall be posted on the Lottery website as soon as possible following the drawing, and shall be notified via email and/or phone by the Lottery or its designee within seven (7) calendar days after the Drawing. The prizewinner list is subject to change based on verification of the prizewinners by the Lottery.
- Prizewinners shall be randomly selected from all valid Website and Mobile App entries received for each drawing.
- The drawings will be conducted by Pollard Banknote Limited at their offices at 1499 Buffalo Place, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. The Drawing location may change at the discretion of the Lottery.
- Seven (7) prizes (each a “Grand Prize Trip Package”) will be awarded during the Promotion.
- A player is eligible to win only one (1) prize during the Promotion.
- Each Grand Prize Trip Package is valued at five thousand six hundred eighteen dollars ($5,618) (inclusive of state and federal taxes) and includes the following:
- A four-day/three-night trip for the Prizewinner and one (1) guest to Los Angeles, California;
- Roundtrip coach airfare for the Prizewinner and one (1) guest from any major commercial continental United States airport to Los Angeles, California;
- Ground transportation to and from the Los Angeles airport, the hotel, and promotion-related events;
- Accommodations of one (1) deluxe hotel room for three (3) nights (double occupancy, room and room tax only);
- Ground transportation to and from Sony Studios and a tour of Sony Studios for two (2);
- Five hundred dollars ($500) spending money for the Prizewinner;
- A bus tour of Hollywood for two (2);
- Two (2) studio audience tickets to a taping of Wheel of Fortune; and
- Two (2) tickets to one (1) event (the “Event”), where the Prizewinner will have a chance to win a cash prize from one thousand dollars ($1,000) up to one million dollars ($1,000,000).
- The Grand Prize Trip Package does not include: mileage, insurance, gratuities, meals, parking fees, baggage fees, alcoholic beverages (other than those served without charge at any reception and/or party), personal expenses such as telephone calls, valet service, laundry, incidentals and the like, revision or cancellation fees which may be charged by the hotel or other suppliers, or any other items not expressly specified herein.
- The Grand Prize Trip Package is not transferable; however, the Prizewinner may designate, with the consent of the Lottery, someone to take the trip in their place. In such case, the Prizewinner shall provide, in writing to the Lottery, the name of the person who will take the trip in their place. Such person will then become the Prizewinner’s proxy and will participate in place of the Prizewinner at the Event. The Prizewinner will still be the claimant of the Grand Prize Trip Package and will still receive the five hundred dollars ($500) cash portion of the prize and any prizes won by the proxy on behalf of the Prizewinner during the Event. All cash prizes, are subject to applicable tax withholdings and any outstanding debt setoff.
- If air travel is required for Prizewinner and guest, roundtrip airfare for up to two (2) coach class tickets shall be booked on a major airline, as defined by the Federal Aviation Administration, from a U.S. international airport to/from Los Angeles, California. It is the responsibility of the Prizewinner to comply with the REAL ID Act to the extent such Act is applicable to Prizewinner’s air travel.
- The Prizewinner, proxy, or guest must have a valid credit card or shall be required to post a cash deposit for incidentals to check into the hotel.
- A Prizewinner may not choose to receive a cash equivalent of the trip portion of the Grand Prize Trip Package.
- Unless otherwise specified by the Lottery, if a Prizewinner (or their proxy) fails to arrive for the scheduled flight or fails to check into the hotel, all reasonable efforts to reschedule the reservation and any rescheduling fees will be at the expense of the Prizewinner. If the reservation is unable to be rescheduled: a) the balance of the Grand Prize Trip Package shall be forfeited; b) the Prizewinner shall still receive the five hundred dollars ($500) spending money; and c) the Prizewinner shall receive the minimum prize amount that can be won at the Event.
- Unless otherwise specified by the Lottery, if the Prizewinner (or their proxy) fails to arrive for his or her scheduled participation in the Event: a) the Prizewinner forfeits the right to participate in the Event; b) the Prizewinner will still receive the five hundred dollars ($500) cash portion of the prize; and c) the Prizewinner shall receive the minimum prize amount that can be won at the Event.
- Unless otherwise specified by the Lottery, in the event that a Prizewinner (or their proxy) is determined to be unable to attend the trip after the trip has been booked: a) the trip portion of the prize shall be forfeited; b) the Prizewinner will still receive the five hundred dollars ($500) cash portion of the prize; and c) the Prizewinner shall receive the minimum prize amount that can be won at the Event.
- The odds of winning vary, based on the total number of entries received for a Drawing and the total number of entries a player submits.
Entry Eligibility Requirements
- All Drawing entries are subject to validation by the Lottery or its designee and may be disqualified if eligibility requirements are not met.
- A player must be located within the borders of the state of Arizona when entering the Promotion.
- A player must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older to purchase a Game Ticket and enter the Promotion.
- Tickets determined to be in a stolen/missing inventory status or not part of any inventory status that is valid, sold, activated, or promotional will be disqualified.
- The Website and Mobile App are the only methods of entry into this Promotion. Entries sent via any other method, U.S. mail/courier, drop-off, etc., will not be opened and/or reviewed and will be disqualified.
- A.R.S. § 5-573 requires winners of a prize valued at $600 or more to be checked to determine if that winner owes money to certain State of Arizona entities. In such case, established procedures will be followed.
- A "Related Person" is ineligible to receive prizes under A.R.S. § 5-567. A Related Person is defined as an officer or employee of the Arizona Lottery; an officer or employee of any person contracting with the Arizona Lottery to supply gaming equipment or lottery tickets, advertising or consulting services or to draw or otherwise select winning tickets or shares if the officer or employee is involved in the direct provision of goods and services to the Arizona Lottery or has access to information made confidential by the Arizona Lottery; and any spouse, child, sibling, or parent residing as a member of the same household in the principal place of residence of a person described above.
Use of Personal Information
- A player is required to be twenty-one (21) years of age or older to provide information that will be collected on the Website.
- By submitting a drawing entry on the Website or via the Mobile App, a player gives the Arizona Lottery permission to announce and publish the player's name, city and state for marketing/promotional purposes if the player wins a prize. Because a second chance drawing is exclusively used as a promotional event, a person who participates in a second chance drawing is deemed to have voluntarily waived the right under A.R.S. § 5-573(D) to keep his or her name confidential for ninety (90) days after winning a prize. A player who does not want to consent to immediate release of his or her name as a winner should not participate in this promotion, will be ineligible to receive a prize in a second chance drawing, and will be disqualified if chosen as a winner, resulting in selection of an alternate winner.
- Prizewinners must provide their correct name and address. For prizes of $600 or more, Prizewinners must complete a Winner Claim Form, provide their taxpayer ID (typically their social security number), provide a form of government-issued photo identification, and pass all validation checks prior to claiming their prize. The Arizona Lottery will report such wins to the applicable tax authorities. Each Prizewinner is responsible for his or her state, federal, and/or local taxes.
- Prizewinners must claim their prize within seven (7) calendar days from the prize winner notification date by the Arizona Lottery. If all reasonable efforts to locate a Prizewinner fail within the seven (7) calendar-day period, the Arizona Lottery may select a replacement winner as previously described.
- Approximately one hundred eighty (180) days after the completion of the Promotion, all non-winning, non-selected and/or ineligible entries shall be deleted.
- The Arizona Lottery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion. The Arizona Lottery reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone, delay, suspend, and/or terminate this Promotion, in whole or in part, in the event that the Promotion is not capable of running as planned or as intended by these Official Rules, by reason of any technical or other disabling causes, or other causes that impair, corrupt, or interrupt the administration, fairness, security, integrity, or proper play of the Promotion, including, without limitation, hurricane, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, war, terrorist threat, or activity or insurrection. In such event, the Arizona Lottery may, in its sole discretion: (a) postpone and/or reschedule and/or modify the Promotion, or (b) cancel the Promotion in its entirety. In the event of cancellation, the Arizona Lottery shall award the prizes through a process deemed fair and equitable by the Arizona Lottery, in its sole discretion, and the Arizona Lottery and its administrators shall have no further liability to any participant in connection with the Promotion. In no event will the Arizona Lottery be obligated to award more prizes than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules.
- Whether caused by a player, equipment, or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries, the Arizona Lottery, Pollard Banknote Limited and Scientific Games are not responsible for inaccurate entry information or errors that may occur in the processing of the Promotion that may be the result of: (a) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or (b) lost, misdirected, late, incomplete, corrupted, illegible, or unintelligible entries. Corrupted, illegible, unintelligible, or incomplete entries are void.
- The Arizona Lottery reserves the right to substitute prizes with similar merchandise of equal or greater value. No prize substitution, cash equivalent, or transfer of prize by a winner in violation of these Official Rules is permitted. By accepting a prize, a player agrees to release the Arizona Lottery, Pollard Banknote Limited and Scientific Games from, and shall hold them harmless against, any liability, loss, claims, injury, or damage to property or to person, including death, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes or participation in this Promotion, even if caused or contributed to by the negligence of the Arizona Lottery, Pollard Banknote Limited and Scientific Games.
- This Promotion is governed by laws and regulations of the State of Arizona, and all players hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the State of Arizona for resolution of all claims and disputes through administrative hearing, and any right to a trial by jury is hereby waived. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded are governed by Arizona Administrative Code ("A.A.C.") § R19-3-1008. The decision of the Arizona Lottery is final. Any decision by the Arizona Lottery Director is a final, appealable agency action to the Office of Administrative Hearings under the procedures of A.A.C. § R2-19-101 through § R2-19-122. Exhaustion of administrative remedies applies.
- Players or interested parties must use the Feedback form for any questions or comments they may have about this Promotion.
- All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.